Tuesday, March 23, 2021

A Story About Faith

 


A Short Story about Faith

               I wrote this blog post December 11th, 2019 when I was still healing from surgery in residential facility yet for some reason, I guess I didn’t post it.  Perhaps I let depression and pain get the best of me and thus, many of my pens went dry without touching paper.   Although this is more than a year ago, it remains relevant, as someone might be able to receive help from a few simple words about faith and action.  Helping others is one of my sole reasons for writing in the first place. While quickly talking about the subject of Faith, I’ll throw something out there which is that, you don’t have to have a deep spiritual belief or religion to exercise it.  To exercise Faith, a few conceptual elements definitely needed which I have found are Patience, Flexibility (time-wise as well as outcome-wise) and definitely an Open Mind.

               A week ago I woke up with a beat in my head, a musical beat. I’ve also woken up with beats still in my head from the end of a dream like a soundtrack.  The first time this happened, I was six or seven years old.  The song then was “Let the Slide Show Begin,” and the curtains closed in my dream before I woke up.  This has happened many times before from some dream or from the end of some dream and I was reluctant to jot down the idea from it, telling myself that it was “too simple,” thus it didn’t matter.

All of the sound generators I'm using on FL audio.

                Any message I receive in my dreams should be taken seriously for many reasons.  Sometimes my dreams are learning tools, reminders from the past; possibilities of what could be or to the extreme, direct windows into the future.  I told one of my associates about this and he knows me well and suggested that I should have made that beat, knowing what beats I have made in the past from dreams.  I ignored his advice although his voice on the other end of the phone sounded surprised and serious that I ignored one of my Divine-given gifts. I thought about it later and regretted it, thinking “oh well, another beat will pop in another night… hopefully,” yet knowing that I had missed a very unique valuable opportunity.

Rain Comrade trying to hear what Daddy did today.


               Last night I had a very short dream, where I met up with him.  In the dream he let me know that he got hired at the same place he was working at before he started the business with me; “Collections,” which is a very grimy business. He explained that they hired him right away and gave him his same position.  I asked him if he became John Gilman once again yet he did not answer. Instead the focus was on my handing him earphones to let him listen to a rap from a familiar sounding rapper, someone reminiscent from what we used to listen to (to be frank the guy in the dream sounded like a mix of Eclipto and B-Real from Cypress Hill and I don't sound like either lol).

               In the dream he was surprised and apparently so was I, as this was as if, it were the first time I had heard this song.  I woke up this morning to this beat still in my head and was thankful, thanking my Creator for gifting me with this simple yet very hard sounding track.  I scrambled to find a phone so that I could beat box into to record the idea before other daily sounds drowned out the idea.  In this retirement/rehabilitation center, I had to act fast but I did not want to wake up my other two roommates with the task.  Thankfully they were awakened with medical diagnostics, breakfasts but damn, my phone was dead.  I scrambled like fighter jets to find the cord, cleaned up my whole bed area and drawer just to find that I was sleeping on it.

               I plugged up my phone, kept beat-boxing the tune at a low level as well as repeatedly in my head and five minutes later, took down the idea.   As I thought about the simplicity of the beat, I came to realize that it was the exact same beat that I was given a week ago!  The only difference is that I can hear the sounds much clearer as well as having a point of reference of what I will sound like spittin a rap to. This is how I know Jesus likes good Rap music, lol or at least the being that created him! Sometimes I get songs, stories, whole movies and predictions in my head from dreams.

    When your Creator gives you messages or gifts, are you able to listen and openly receive? Okay, now I might need some headphones because these little Apple things just don’t cover the sounds but watch me make miracles with what I’ve got; well that’s what I’m used to!   Look out for “The Return of the Real,” one of these days, hopefully before or right after summer.   Now let me save the progression of this beat and get back to these books, which is a whole other subject of faith and action.


Curious minds often wonder if there are some pertinent things we might forget

After our slumber

Are we capable of listening to the squeaks in-between being awake and asleep?

Can we, reach deep into the subconscious of self and sanctuary?

To pull out what has been etched into our DNA of ages by sages and ancestors but

Will we, willingly let ourselves to expound upon the gifts made to silence evil and

Drown out all negativity, corruption, put crowns on children 

When men and women once given their opportunity

Scowl at them with jealous eyes with thoughts of

Drowning the innocent in the tides

Working on burying the truth with lies the youth persist as we have

For so long we have been silent although

Some have listened yet

To find the right time or better yet, the courage to speak of such things

Seems never right for those not chosen to understand the visions chosen for

Within your sights were right to recognize what others missed yet

Simply it is the overwhelming treasures that come with such gifts

Something grabbed attention for you to become stopped frozen for

An idea, a light, a way, a path inside, a hope or a remedy to help another life

Occurrences whether often or rare are perfect sphere not square and

Nothing close to boasting of pride

Reminders of what could very much be

Ways not yet tried 

I'll lead the way 

I'll close my eyes

I mean, I can wait

Until we are all safe without fears in that Dream State


Dream State

03-01-2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment